Sunday, December 20, 2009

Holiday Baking

The Holiday fun just never ends!

All right, that's not exactly the truth. But I am planning on having some fun today. I spent all day (well, let's be honest...all afternoon) yesterday making cookies. I baked a double batch of the Chocolate Chai cookies. I realized after mixing the dough that I hadn't followed the directions, but they still came out delicious. My mother-in-law stopped by while I was baking them and she tried one. Her exact words? "Boy, are these ever good!"

I also made a TON of those Ritz cracker/peanut butter things dipped in almond bark. Those are yummy, but almond bark is not vegan. I made them specifically for my husband. Garrett and Drew were in charge of the red and green sprinkles.

Today is gingerbread day. The kids are going to help me roll out and cut out holiday shapes. I am guessing that there will be more sprinkles. I am also planning on making some vegan chocolate truffles and coconut/chocolate cups. Ambitious, I know. We'll see how it goes. If things turn out well, I will share some recipes.

Being the only vegan in the family, I also have to think of some other things to bring to be sure that I will have something to eat besides cookies. For Christmas Eve at my aunt's I am thinking about making some seitan. I am going to make a broccoli salad and some homemade applesauce. For the in-laws on X-mas day, I am in charge of bringing vegetable soup.

Also lots of presents to wrap...this is going to be a busy, crazy week. At least I will have some good food to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment