Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Clarity

I'm sitting here in the middle of an article for the paper and something has become very clear. I am not hungry right now. In fact, I feel quite satisfied. The last thing I ate was a big salad at lunch. Oh, man that was a good salad. Baby spinach, broccoli, cucumbers, carrots, green onions, and avocado all with a bit of the Goddess Dressing on top. Then I had a carob bar and shared a couple of oranges with Grace. When I got home from running errands, I had a small glass of pineapple juice. I think I am going to make it one more day. Maybe I will even go longer, except I have non-raw food here that I need to eat. I don't like to waste food.

I am tired. I am stressed out. My house is a mess; there are toys on the floor, dirty dishes in the sink, and my kitchen floor looks filthy. I have no time to deal with this right now. Being with the kids 24/7 is starting to make me feel really, terribly, claustrophobic and frazzled. But I feel something changing inside me. This brain-fog and weirdness I feel (probably my body detoxifying) is starting to clear and I am feeling a strange elation.

I think that after this my body is going to be satisfied with less food, and I am going to lose my cravings for sugar and salt. I am actually going to crave good things, and prefer the sweetness of fresh fruit to other things. I am going to re-learn how to eat only when my body is actually hungry, and to stop when my full. I used to know how to do that, but it's so easy to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment