1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
Plain soy milk or almond milk. Hemp milk is also quite delicious in cereal, but very sweet (and expensive) so that's for once in a while.
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
I am going to make apple crisp for a family get-together tomorrow. I have some pumpkin left over so possibly pumpkin oatmeal cookies from Vegan With a Vengeance. And I am going to make a broccoli frittata whenever Carissa gets her butt over here for a visit.
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
Oh, man. Which one? I know! The pistachio rosewater cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. YIKES! They ended up in the garbage.
5. Favorite pickled item?
6. How do you organize your recipes?
They are written on recipe cards and put in alphabetical order in a recipe box my hubby made for me. Or else printed out on a paper and stuffed alongside said recipe box.
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
I recycle what I can and throw away everything else.
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)?
avocados, chickpeas, broccoli (I'm going to assume there is fruit on the island)
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?Hmmm....I just remembered picking strawberries with my cousin, and then he made some homemade jam with them.
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
I don't eat it much, but one time I bought some chocolate ice cream made with Coconut milk and it was freaking awesome!
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
As far as the vegan ones, probably the whole, natural foods one I got from someone. I can't remember what it's called and my friend has it right now.
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
I don't serve much to omni friends, but I like to share baking and salads, and the artichoke spinach dip was a huge success.
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
tofu - I love tempeh but am ashamed to say I have still not tried seitan.
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
Supper, in the evening.
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
Cereal boxes and crap I am trying to keep away from the kids.
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
strawberries, bananas, flax meal - my smoothie staples.
20. What’s on your grocery list?
A lot. I am going shopping today.
21. Favorite grocery store?
The Good Food Store. But I can't afford to get everything there, so I get a lot at a store in Iowa that has great produce at a great price. I try not to shop at Wal-Mart...but it happens.
22. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet.
23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa’s because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
Vegan Dad, Happy Herbivore, Yeah, that "Vegan" Shit
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
I have a terrible weakness for Oreos. I wish they weren't vegan. Otherwise, I prefer my own vegan cookies.
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
Yesterday I splurged and bought the LARGE size Vegenaise for 6.99. For me, that is a big deal. But I have two kids constantly begging for chickpea salad sandwiches. And the small version was $5.00.