Sunday, May 16, 2010

Food Rut

It occurred to me the other day that I am in a rut. I have not cooked anything new for a long time, and have been very scattered about my blogging. I just haven't even felt like it much. I have also been really bad when it comes to eating sugar lately. I fell off the wagon again, and I need to get back on. I really want to work on making my diet include a lot more raw foods. This summer should be a good opportunity for that. I need to detox, I need to walk, and I need to feel good.

I have even been forgetting about my kefir lately. I have had to throw out a few batches because it sat too long. I have yet to do anything worthwhile with my water kefir. I just now started a batch that should turn out really good. I put a slice of organic lemon in it, and I plan to make lemonade when it's done.

I must also confess that I have, from time to time, fallen off the vegan wagon. Before you freak out, let me explain. Every single one of the incidents involved sugar, and 98 percent of them were chocolate. I have found that when I get desperate, even the fact that there is a bit of milk in it hasn't stopped me. Blech! I can't believe I did that. It makes me double-pissed at myself, both for eating crap that is bad for my body, and for eating something not totally vegan.

But alas, I am human, and therefore I make mistakes all the time and hopefully learn from them. I need to work on listening to my body again, and only putting things in it that make it happy. That will work to make my mind happy as well.

So hopefully I will be blogging more, and sharing my cooking (or not cooking) experiences now that summer is upon us. I can hardly wait to eat the local organic produce, to freeze the organic strawberries I am going to buy from the Amish, to sit outside and eat a lot of fresh nectarines while I write my best-selling novel that will make me rich. HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment