Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My Happy Happy (My Yeah Yeah Yeah)

This morning before school, Garrett drank a soy kefir smoothie with bananas, strawberries, flax meal, and blueberries. I drank mine, too. I remarked at how healthy they were, full of vitamins and energy. I said it was a great breakfast. Garrett sucked his threw a straw and said, "It tastes more like dessert!"

Inside my heart went all aflutter.

Yesterday my brand new hard cover edition of Veganomicon arrived at my house. Yes, I have finally decided to purchase the Bible of Vegan Cooking and Cookbook That Only Loser Vegans Don't Already Own. I read through a lot of it last night. I haven't decided yet if I like it. You all know my sweet love for Vegan with a Vengeance. It just seems there are a lot of recipes in this book that I would never be interested in making. But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I don't have to make them exactly like they do, with exactly that kind of sauce on it, or whatever. We shall see. I did find some recipes with seitan and tempeh, so that will be good. I will be sure to inform you how my new cooking adventures turn out.

Oh, and my new food column came out this week, titled "Food for Life." I have received a ton of great responses from people, and it makes me feel all warm inside. I am already brimming with ideas for the next several. Too bad it only comes out once a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment