Monday, January 11, 2010

Sunshine for Breakfast


Yesterday I made my first recipe from Vcon, and it was a success. I haven't made muffins for quite some time, and the recipe for Carrot-Pineapple Sunshine Muffins looked really tasty, and semi-healthy. And, as a bonus, it had crushed pineapple in it. I have found many ways to use up those 5 cans I found in my cupboard, all of them delicious.

I made the muffins, and ate one when it was still warm. It was kind of mushy in the middle and I was afraid that I had not cooked them long enough. I have a tendency to screw up muffins for some reason. But this morning I had one (okay, two) for breakfast and they were perfect. I was going to use applesauce instead of oil, but my applesauce was moldy, so these are the real deal. And mostly whole wheat flour, but they don't have that dry "healthy" taste to them. I left out the raisins because Garrett didn't want them in there, and then he didn't eat them anyway. Ugh! Garrett and Grace love to help, and Garrett was very happy to grate all of the carrots for me while I talked on the phone with my grandma. They made a mess, but they had fun!

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment